Now in current days Online shopping or e-tail ”electronic retail” or e-shopping is a form of electronic commerce which allows consumers to directly buy their liking products or services from a service provider over the online or through online shopping. Alternatively we can call e-web-store, e-shop, e-store, Internet shop, web-shop, web-store, online store, online storefront and virtual store of these online shopping sites. Mobile commerce is a technique that describes purchasing products or services from an online retailer’s mobile optimized online shopping site or application. An online shop evokes the physical analogy of buying products or services at a bricks and mortar retailer or shopping centers. This process of purchasing is called business-to-consumer (B2C) online shopping. And In some other case where a business buys from another business, those processes are called business-to-business (B2B) online shopping.
There are many largest online retailing corporations are available some of those are: – Alabama, Amazon.com and eBay etc.
This online shopping concept was developed by English entrepreneur Michael in the year 1979. The system developed by him was connected a modified domestic TV to a real-time transaction processing computer via a domestic telephone line. And provide services to customers.
According to some Statistics in 2012, Asia-Pacific increased their international sales over 30% giving them over $433 billion in revenue. That is a $69 billion difference between the U.S. revenue of $364.66 billion. It is estimated that Asia-Pacific will increase by another 30% in the year 2013 putting them ahead by more than one-third of all global ecommerce sales. These are very important benefits of online shopping. Some more benefits are:-
- Online Shopping provides products and services in better prices
- Online Shopping is very much Convenience i.e. you don’t need to drive to your favorite store and buy your liked product. In case of you are very busy in your work, then you probably don’t have sufficient time to visit to the store and purchase products here online Shopping allows you to buy things without hurting your schedule.
- Online Shopping provides more Variety of products with you that you can’t get from a single shop.
- Online Shopping provides Discreet Shopping i.e. Physical stores often make it difficult to buy certain items. For example, buying lingerie without getting a few awkward stares is nearly impossible. There are many instances of this, and sometimes you might feel embarrassed for no reason.
- Online Shopping provides you privacy because you won’t have people looking at you while you are purchasing your products. Not only that, but the receipts are usually made so that no one will know what you bought.
So these are some benefits provided by online shopping.