Silk handloom sarees are treats for eyes. And when you are not on budget, you can find great sarees for yourself. After all, you need few to attend formal occasions that are important for your social or professional stature. So, here are some out of the world gorgeous silk sarees samples that are available in India and made in handloom. They will definitely carve a new persona in new, better than ever before- a persona synonymous with elegance and sophistication.
- With handloom silk sarees, first picture that appears is of Odisha motifs. Try a green color pure silk saree with purple pasapalli motifs on aanchal and red traditional Cuttacki design on border. This is an apt choice for day long events as the fabric is comfortable. This saree would be available at Odisha Saree Store.
- Baluchari is another elegant handloom saree of Bengal. A multicolored striped gorgeous silk saree with resham and zari Baluchari work all over the body and anchal highlights this sophisticated saree.
- Assam silk handloom is elegance personified. Pick up an Assam silk with beige base and multi colored hand embroidered booti of popular Assam motifs in zari and resham. This will be an absolute choice for day time event and you can steal the show.
- With Benarasi silk, we get an image of a bride blushing in red trousseau. But break off this popular notion with an amazingly gorgeous silk saree in magenta jacquard saree in Benarasi handloom silk with all the threadwork in resham.
- Discussing silk sarees without mentioning south India will be all ignorant person’s blabber. Visit South India for an exquisite collection of Kanchipuram silk sarees. A pink gorgeous silk saree with stone work on aanchal and border. It is a fashionable take on traditional design.
- A maroon Patola silk with Ikkat design can be a show stopper at any event. Ikat is a handloom variety of Karnataka. Together with Patola silk, the designers of Nalli have taken it to a different level where glamor blends with sophistication. Buy this exclusive gorgeous silk saree to witness it.
- You need to visit a Kerala silk emporium to know that there can be so many variations and styles in plain looking white silk sarees with golden border. The only option to show creativity is in borders and pallu and the artisans excel themselves in doing so. A white silk saree with golden border and multicolored motifs, much like Meena work of north India, is a treat to eyes.
- Gorgeous silk sarees of Mysore can be your prized possession. Multicolored broad stripes and checks are in. Pick up one with mustard, maroon, turquoise , golden and purple squares with zari work all over it and wear it with golden blouse with three quarter sleeves to nail the perfect look for a wedding.
- Bandhni or tie and dye sarees in any silk variety adds a colorful casual touch to any traditional ambience. A vibrant green crepe silk with white and maroon dyed knots embellished all over the saree and maroon zari, and patchwork with mirrors all over the border is one saree that you can wear for office when you have to attend a formal event right from there.
- Dharmavaram handloom sarees are gorgeous silk sarees known for their bright broad borders in contrasting solid colors. A beige color saree with pink, magenta and golden checks at bottom and a gorgeous aanchal of golden and different shades of pink woven together can be a great choice for any age group and occasion.
Gorgeous silk sarees made in handloom are truly treasures because they are masterpieces as they cannot be recreated. And by choosing handloom, you also patronize a dying art. So celebrate any occasion with these masterpieces and enjoy all the envying eyes on all events.