Retail therapy still works best for most of the women. For past few years, the definition of retail therapy or shopping has changed. Now online shopping gives us more options to choose in very little time. Also, we can compare the prices from different sites. But at the same time there are so many fake sites that are always ready to make a scam out of our hard earned money. So here are some useful tips to buy online silk sarees for best prices evading the scams and other forgeries that are so common these days in the cyber world.
- Authenticity- Silk is a common fabric but there are more fake varieties available than the original ones. So, it is very important to know the one you are choosing is 100% silk or not. Usually handloom silk sarees are the only 100% pure versions. But you have to be wary of the ones that claim and price the sarees for pure silks but provide you with artificial or mix ones. So when you buy online silk sarees, see if the description offers Silk Mark, the sign of purity labelled by the Silk Board of India.
- Varieties- Before you buy online silk sarees, you must know the different varieties of the same. Kanchipuram, Dharmavaram, Mysore, Ikkat, Benarasi, Murshidabad, Bishnupur, Bhagalpur, Ghicha are different varieties of silk. Each of them has their own distinct characters which determine the prices. Kanchipuram silk is the most expensive of all, due to its silk and zari ratio and being hand woven. Remember powerloom silk sarees cannot be 100% pure. When shopping online, keep these points in mind so that you don’t get duped by false claims of some websites.
- Price and Quality- When a silk saree is high priced, it means it is of superior quality as well. But if you find the same saree at a different site for cheaper price, then you can be sure of some foul play. It is better to visit some more sites to know about the actual price range. For example, a good quality Kanchipuram silk saree can never come for less than Rs 8000. When you buy online silk sarees online and come across a site offering this variety for Rs 5000, don’t fall for the trap. For Rs 5000 you will surely get good silk sarees but not Kanchipuram silk. Similarly, there are silk sarees that can be bought for Rs 1500-2000 as well, but they are not in comparison with superior variation.
- As per your Appearance- If you are small, plump woman, big bordered sarees are not for you. Wear Mysore silk saree with no or small borders. Thin women should wear tissue and tussar silk for fuller look. Tall women can carry off heavy sarees with big borders really well. Also, choose the color of the saree according to your complexion. When you buy saree in store, you can try it know. But when you buy online silk sarees, you have to know well before making the purchase.
- Reliable Websites- Don’t go for any random website to choose a saree for you. There are many reliable and reputed stores who have their websites as well. Then there are some government run stores and cooperatives with their online versions. When you buy online silk sarees with them, you can be rest assured of the quality, color and delivery. Also, the return and exchange policies can be relied for these sites. These stores do not claim to give you superior quality for an inferior price tag yet you can be sure that you are getting an authentic product for best price.