The saree is one of the most beautiful garments that a woman can wear, and they are particularly revered in India of which it is an inseparable part. Women in India love to deck themselves up in well chosen, ethereal sarees that compliment their beauty and personality in a great way. Different regions of India are known to produce sarees that carry the distinct imprint of the region to which they owe their origins. The sarees that are produced in South India are extremely popular due to their colorful brocades and embellishments. Some of the most well known examples of south Indian saree include Kanjeevaram sarees, Konrad sarees, Pashmina silk sarees, Mysore crepe sarees, kota silk sarees, puttapakshi sarees and pochampalli sarees.
Nevertheless, a beautiful south Indian saree alone cannot make a woman look gorgeous. A lot depends on how the saree is draped and worn. Many women want to look slim while wearing a saree but do not know how to create that effect. If a saree is draped in the right manner, it can not only make a woman look good but also make her feel graceful, elegant, sensuous and stylish. An important tip for any woman who is looking to buy a saree would be to choose a product that is in tune to the height, weight and skin tone of the wearer for which it is bought. The fabric of which the saree is made of should reflect the wearer’s attitude and compliment her in more ways than one.
Here are some of the basic tips in which a south Indian saree should be draped by a woman to look slim and beautiful.
- Take hold of one side of a saree’s upper edge with the left hand around the waist and take it on the back side; leave the pallu side free on the other end.
- Gently tuck the upper border of the inner part of the saree on the petticoat in a way that the saree falls on the floor level.
- Now drape saree around your front by keeping it on the same height.
- Next, tuck the saree’s little top edge into the petticoat by maintaining it on same height.
- Create a fold of a few straight plates taking from right side and then tuck them into the petticoat in a way that the bottom part of the saree touches the floor level.
- Finally, bring around the saree’s other end using your both hands and keep the pallu on the left side shoulder thereby allowing it to fall over your back.
Overweight women are often very unsure of what saree they should wear in order to create a slimmer impression. A lot depends on the saree that is chosen and the way it is finally draped. If a woman chooses the right saree fabric and then drape in the best manner, then she can look and feel far slimmer than her actual body size and weight. It is always best to stick to light fabrics such as chiffon, georgette, crepe and Italian silk as they stay close to the body and creates a body hugging look. Moreover, these materials never fail to give a slimmer look to a woman and give a nice fall. On the other hand, an overweight woman should always stay away from stiff materials such as cotton and organza as they typically add more volume to the body. If a woman still wants to go for handloom cotton sarees, then it is best to stick to light cotton materials or fabrics that are a blend of multiple materials.